As you wrap your head around getting back to school, consider what your wardrobe says about you. Do you want to roll out of bed and grab the nearest T-shirt on the floor, or do you want to look put-together and make a good impression? Fall is a great time to amp up your style and show your personailty. Follow these back to school fashion tips to get started.
- Arm yourself with the basics for everyday wear. Invest in quality jeans that fit well and neutral T-shirts like white, grey and black. There is a difference between a fitted T-shirt and a regular T-shirt. If you can pull off the fitted tee, go for it.
- Get a few oxford polos for layering. You can wear them open over a neutral tee or buttoned with a SkinnyTie for days when you feel like kicking it up a notch.
- Find a neutral shoe that looks good with jeans. Leave the athletic shoes for gym and buy a pair of Vans or Converse to wear with your jeans.
- Invest in a messenger bag instead of a backpack for a change. A brown neutral bag is a nice alternative to house your laptop and books. It adds a sense of style that is lacking with a regular backpack.
- If you wear glasses, experiment with a different look. Pick a frame that works for your face shape and decide on a cool or funky pair.
- Size is important. Baggy pants or ill-fitting T-shirts are not flattering. Wear clothing that fits and accentuates your best features. You will instantly look more mature in clothing that is sized correctly.
- Accessorize with a nice watch. You don't have to spend a lot of money to find a stylish watch, but you will probably get a lot of use out of a good one. It's the first thing people will notice when they shake your hand.
- Invest in a sports jacket. You will need it for networking, an internship, or several other occasions that may come up. A sports jacket also looks great with jeans for dressing up an outfit.
Your style should reflect who you are as a guy. If you don't feel confident in what you're wearing, it will show. Take some time to shop and see what looks good on you. You've got a whole year ahead of you, so start out on the right foot and make a great impression.