When it comes to tie etiquette, there are some rules to follow to help you achieve the right look. Ties are one of the few accessories you can wear to showcase your personality and establish your image. Whether your style is classic, preppy, hipster or edgy, here are a few tips to get you started.
- Invest in quality ties. Not only will they look better, quality ties are more durable and can withstand proper cleaning.
- Find the right fit. The end of your tie should come to the middle or bottom of the waistband of your pants. If it's too long, it can look sloppy or get caught in the zipper of your pants.
- Learn how to tie the perfect knot. The four-in-hand or the half-Windsor are popular knots for professional wear. The Windsor knot is a good choice for more formal occasions.
- Add a few different necktie types to your collection. Every guy should have a power tie that makes a good first impression, a formal tie for formal occasions, a subtle tie that exudes quiet strength, a SkinnyTie to give your neck and suit a different look, and a bow tie for when the mood strikes you.
- Add a simple tie bar to keep your tie in place. Place the tie bar between the third and fourth buttons of your shirt. Make sure it is never wider than your tie.
SkinnyTie Madness has a variety of tie colors and styles to choose from. Add a few new ones to your collection and make a statement with your ensemble. Whether you are wearing it with a suit, or jeans and a button-down shirt, a tie is always a great accessory.